Monday, September 7, 2009

My experience in building and customizing the blog site

I have a multiply account and I'm very familiar with its interface. I found the site easy to use despite the many things that you can customize. When we were given this assignment, I wanted to try a different blog server, just to compare the interface. I first signed up for an account with Wordpresscom. However, I found it very difficult to navigate and I found it difficult to customize my blog. I'm not sure if you can customize the background but I didn't see any links that indicated I could do so. I didn't find it to be user-friendly and I found the site unattractive. That's why I opted to try Blogger.com.

So far, Blogger.com seems to be okay. The interface is similar to Multiply and the site is more attractive than Wordpress. I suppose Wordpress is more of a "journal" wherein the focus is on what you write and not the embelishments. I like Blogger better because it is more attractive, user-friendly and you can customize a lot of things. It's also very easy to sign up for an account. With just a few easy steps, you can have your own Blogger account. I simply had to type in my e-mail address, the username that I wanted and my password. It didn't ask me for other personal information such as my country, age, gender, etc. You can edit this later on.

I also found it easy to customize the blog. There's a tab at the top of the page where you can edit the layout. You can pick a template, edit the font colors and you can even edit the HTML code for your background. This is also the first time I've encountered a feature called "Monetize" wherein you can actually earn if people click on the advertisements in your site. I think this is a really good feature and it gives Blogger an edge over the other blog servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment